< Go Back
A-one+ Waste Treatment System Feasibility Study
Brief - A-one+ provide highway maintenance services and were seeking to make improvements to their site by installing a new waste treatment system to replace the waste processing system they currently used. Due to the high capital cost of the new equipment, WRM were asked to assess the technical feasibility of a road sweepings treatment system and to produce a business case.
Solution - WRM began by assessing and contacting the different technology suppliers on the market. A site visit was arranged to interview potential technology providers and assess the suitability of their solution for the specific needs of A-one+. An analysis of the technical suitability and financial outlook of the proposed equipment was conducted which included the following:
- Client liaison - we liaised with the client to fully understand the needs and requirements of the client in order to determine the correct scope for the project
- Market review - we conducted a market review of potential technology suppliers to ensure that only the most appropriate options were considered
- Technical assessment - a technical assessment was conducted on each of the systems offered by technology suppliers to ensure that they met the specific requirements of the A-one+ site
- Detailed business case - we developed a detailed business case, utilising bespoke financial modelling, to determine the financial feasibility of the project and to provide confidence that the high capital expenditure required was justified
- Review of permitting and planning landscape
- Presentation of report findings - we organised a round table discussion to present our report findings
Outcome - Following the completion of the report and presentation of the findings, A-one+ were put in a much more informed position to fully understand the potential benefits and pitfalls associated with purchasing a new waste treatment system.
Circular Economy Research Funding Revealed
[27/10/2017] Horizon 2020 is one of the European Union’s funding packages, aimed at supporting and promoting scientific activities across all European member…
NHS Leeds South & East CCG - Sustainability Strategy: Delivery & Support
The Waste and Resource Strategy - WRM is calling you
WRM welcomes the commitment made by central government for the mandatory collection of food waste from all household properties. This move will provide a welcome boost to the...