WRM were appointed by Surrey County Council to provide key strategic advice for contract development relating to an upcoming food waste procurement. A tight timeframe denoted a number of strategy matters to be addressed during contract development, all of which required a careful and calculated approach.
“Surrey County Council commissioned WRM as technical consultants in March 2022 to deliver various workstreams related to the Council’s anaerobic digestion facility including providing an assessment on food waste treatment affordability and providing technical advice on the operation of food waste treatment infrastructure. Their extensive technical knowledge of food waste treatment infrastructure was invaluable and their understanding of the market was key in providing the Council with clear and effective advice. The WRM team were very effective at project management, ensuring the Council was kept informed of progress and kept on track during a period of significant flux and competing pressures. WRM fully delivered on their brief and the team would recommend WRM as a consultancy for the provision of such services.”
SURREY COUNTY COUNCIL
WRM’s contribution to the project facilitated the procurement process in a timely manner. Support on the project included the following:
- Frequent liaison and workshop sessions with the Council’s procurement team and legal and financial advisors to discuss specific matters that informed the overall procurement strategy.
- Development of the background information, selection questionnaire, specification, and payment mechanism.
- Production of the response requirements and evaluation framework, including the scoring approach.
- Assembly of the ITPD to invite bidder solutions.
- Addressing impacts of legislative developments through contract change mechanisms.
Following approvals, a Contract Notice is expected to be published following the expiry of the current contract, releasing the WRM produced documents to the market. WRM will continue to support SCC through the competitive dialogue, evaluation and preferred bidder stages of the upcoming procurement.