Health & Safety Policy
Effective date: 14/11/2023
Walker Resource Management (WRM) is a highly specialised Environmental Consultancy operating throughout the UK. We believe that the health, safety and welfare of employees is of key importance and crucial for the efficient operation of the business. We are committed to achieving high standards throughout the business and the management of health and safety is an integral part of this.
It is WRM’s policy to:
- Uphold safe and healthy working conditions, maintain office pool cars and equipment, and ensure safe storage/ use of substances;
- Prevent accidents and injuries within the workplace by managing the health and safety risks, using the hierarchy of control and eliminating hazards where possible
- Allocate sufficient resources and time to certify that the activities of every employee are able to be carried out safely and without risk to health.
- Comply with and where practicable, exceed all legislative requirements
- Effectively consult with employees at all levels within the company and other relevant parties to aid the development and promotion of high levels of health and safety.
- Provide adequate instruction, training, information and supervision to ensure that all employees are aware of their responsibilities and are able to carry out their work safely and without avoidable risk to health.
- Ensure that risk assessments are carried out, periodically reviewed and appropriate control measures are implemented and maintained in order to minimise and control avoidable risk.
- Undertake periodic review of health and safety performance and set targets for continual improvement.
- Appropriately investigate any health and safety incidents or near misses which occur, so that lessons can be learnt, and improvements made
- Engage and consult with employees on day to day health and safety conditions
Achieving positive health and safety performance within the company is the responsibility of all employees within the company. Every employee has a statutory responsibility to take care of their own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by their work activities. They must co-operate with their employer on matters of Health and Safety and not interfere or misuse anything provided for health and safety reasons. WRM staff must also maintain a conscientious attitude toward health and safety. Whilst visiting customers staff will follow site rules at all times.
The Managing Director has overall responsibility for the implementation of this health and safety policy and will review and revise this policy with the IMS Manager and Health and Safety Representative, at least on an annual basis and will make it available to all employees and other interested parties.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us.
The contents and layout of this report are subject to copyright owned by WRM (©Walker Resource Management Limited), save to the extent that copyright has been legally assigned by us to another party or is used by WRM under licence. To the extent that we own the copyright in this report, it may not be copied or used without our prior written agreement for any purpose other than the purpose indicated in this report. The methodology (if any) contained in this report is provided to you in confidence and must not be disclosed or copied to third parties without the prior written agreement of WRM. Disclosure of that information may constitute an actionable breach of confidence or may otherwise prejudice our commercial interests.