We are looking to expand our environmental and sustainability services and as such are looking for several new consultants to join us with a variety of roles to fill.
Active involvement in day to day office and field based environmental and sustainability project work. Responsibility for the operational impact, customer focus and quality of delivery of the project work. Your mission will be to improve sustainability in the UK by supporting our clients to develop their sustainability credentials and to minimise their impact on the environment.
Work independently and as part of project teams, to deliver awesome work which enables customers to develop their businesses sustainably. Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships to ensure existing customers are retained, and identify further business opportunities from a working knowledge of all aspects of WRM expertise and new commercial opportunity areas.
A range of different roles that could include several services and sectors to deliver works including:
- sustainability strategy
- carbon accounting
- carbon reduction strategy
- CSR strategy
- decarbonisation feasibility studies
- development and management of environmental management systems
- end of waste management systems
- health and safety advice
- planning applications
- environmental permitting applications
- infrastructure due diligence and feasibility assessments
- advising companies on transitioning to the circular economy
- the ability to balance your commitment to the environment with the need to be corporate and business minded
- excellent communication skills to rationally explain, explore and discuss environmental issues, as well as to sell your ideas and services
- the ability to build relationships with a range of people, such as project managers and contractors
- the ability to manage client expectations around sustainability issues
- knowledge of environmental issues, but also technological solutions, and relevant environmental legislation, policy and guidance
- project management skills to manage scope, budget and timescales
- creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- excellent numeracy and literacy skills for analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- research, writing reports and making recommendations.
A degree in an applicable field of study such as environmental science, sustainability, geography, geology or other similar field is a requirement.
- £25,000 per annum starting salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Professional membership sponsorship
- Health and wellbeing fund
- Use of company pool fleet
- Hybrid office/home working
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to know more about the role, please send an email with your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org